Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Ozark Trail MULTIFORCE - A Leatherman Inspired Multitool

us Offline bernard_s3

Ozark Trail MULTIFORCE - A Leatherman Inspired Multitool
on: September 02, 2019, 08:12:29 PM
Took a look at Walmart’s knife selection today and found this. Doesn’t look too bad for the price and I might pick one up to check out. Initial reviews on YouTube seems pretty positive.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-MULTIFORCE-PREMIUM-18-IN-1-MULTI-TOOL/702960709

https://ibb.co/hWFyzLT

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Ozark Trail MULTIFORCE - A Leatherman Inspired Multitool
Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 11:00:18 PM
Do you recall how much it was? It's not in stock on line and not available for pickup so they're not showing a price, but it looks like a nice copy of the Wave.

gb Offline kingofswords

Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 11:19:12 PM
Do you recall how much it was? It's not in stock on line and not available for pickup so they're not showing a price, but it looks like a nice copy of the Wave.
$37.74

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 11:27:33 PM
There's one for sale on E-bay for $50 including the shipping. I don't think I like it that much. :facepalm:

us Offline cody6268

Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 03:22:29 AM
Looks really promising! $38 is a bit expensive; but I have a Walmart trip planned this week. Might just pick this one up. Unusually, my store has 5 of them. But it just seems like a slightly tinkered with Wave knockoff to me, but with improvements. Is Walmart considering dropping LM, and has thus designed this tool to serve in its place?

The one thing that sold me on it was its ability to use a 1/4 bit without any adapter. LMs have those silly flat bits.

Offline mikekoz

Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 02:55:16 PM
   I just went by a Walmart to get one of these and the guy working in the sporting goods dept could not find them, even though they were showing as in stock. Not surprised really as Walmart's are so sloppy looking and that dept was a mess. I am going by another one later today and will try again!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 03:44:54 PM
Its an interesting tool.  On one hand, if you spent a little time searching the auction sites you could pick up a Wave for very close to that price.  On the other hand, its always nice when a clone/copy/whatever comes out decently made and y'all get one and try it  :tu:
Show content
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline LoopCutter

Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 04:19:09 PM
Its an interesting tool.  On one hand, if you spent a little time searching the auction sites you could pick up a Wave for very close to that price.  On the other hand, its always nice when a clone/copy/whatever comes out decently made and y'all get one and try it  :tu:
Show content
In my area Walmart, Leatherman products were no longer stocked in early spring. Only MTs were Gerber Suspension and Centerdrive besides the Ozark 4.97 and 10.00 models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 06:02:01 PM
Holy smokes. Now that's a Cheap & Cheerful. :like:

us Offline BadMechanic

Reply #9 on: September 05, 2019, 02:56:32 AM
I saw Ozark had a multitool my last Walmart trip. Ill be going back next week to a bigger, better stocked Walmart. Mainly for a Buck 110, but it didnt look too bad. I have too much into Leathermans and now Victorinox to spend money on that, though. coworker has one. Hees on a different shift but seems to hold up.

Offline mikekoz

Reply #10 on: September 05, 2019, 10:31:50 AM
    I found one at another Walmart in my area. They were in the camping section in a red and green box on a low shelf hiding behind some other things. Anyhow, I am really impressed with this tool! The finish is very good and and both blades and the saw are razor sharp! It is very Wave-ish, but I like the 1/4 driver a lot better than Leathermans. I also just bought a SOG Power Assist Deluxe recently. I paid $70.00 for it, and I think this tool from Walmart is the better one at just over half the price! It is definitely heads and tails above any other Ozark Trail multitool Walmart has ever sold. They have upped their game!!

Offline Cyblade

• New User
Reply #11 on: September 17, 2019, 08:00:02 AM
Played with one today and came across something about it I don't like and I think may be a deal killer for me. The opening holes on the blades are rounded and smooth and makes it almost impossible to open one handed. Might be when they loosen up you can do it but I couldn't do it on the one I handled in the store.

spam Offline Happy Gilmore

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: September 30, 2019, 01:22:01 PM
Played with one today and came across something about it I don't like and I think may be a deal killer for me. The opening holes on the blades are rounded and smooth and makes it almost impossible to open one handed. Might be when they loosen up you can do it but I couldn't do it on the one I handled in the store.

Interestingly I had no issues opening it one handed. The chamfering is smooth but the texture above the blade gives a nice grip.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3AS__yjINU/?igshid=ia7bznedvexg

Did a first look review.

https://youtu.be/9-QyDMYhSa4

I will say that for $37 this might be the most legit off brand I've ever played with.

us Offline tango44

• VICTORINOX
Reply #13 on: October 01, 2019, 01:41:55 AM
I picked up mine from Wally World this morning and this was the best $40 that I ever spent on multitiools!
Way more better than my expensive $100 Wave!
Makes me think about the margin that Leatherman makes on their tools! Every year Leatherman rises their prices!
Pick up your ASAP you won't be dissapointed!
Enjoy!
Enjoy!

us Offline BadMechanic

Reply #14 on: October 01, 2019, 01:49:24 AM
I picked up mine from Wally World this morning and this was the best $40 that I ever spent on multitiools!
Way more better than my expensive $100 Wave!
Makes me think about the margin that Leatherman makes on their tools! Every year Leatherman rises their prices!
Pick up your ASAP you won't be dissapointed!
Enjoy!
What do you like about it?

us Offline tango44

• VICTORINOX
Reply #15 on: October 01, 2019, 02:29:37 AM
1- The price!
2- The bit extender included for that price and it works with normal bits!
3- The scissors are stronger than my wave!
4- The  pocket clip included!
5- The rounded edges that does not hurt when you open the tools

And I will let you know what else I like of it when I play more with it.
Thank you.
Enjoy!

us Offline NetsNJ

Reply #16 on: October 01, 2019, 04:33:34 AM
Picked one of these up.  Very impressed.  No play in blades, less flex than my waves.  Very comfortable, good tolerances. 

I actually much prefer the blade placement on this tool.  I hate having the blades and pliers on the same pivot.

@tango44: keep in mind, with leatherman, you are paying for usa made and the insane warranty.  The prices aren't unreasonable.  The wave is higher quality than this tool, no question.

Love this tool though, will probably buy a second!

us Offline NetsNJ

Reply #17 on: October 01, 2019, 03:57:20 PM
Posted a bunch of photos here.

Great video Happy Gilmore!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 04:05:26 PM by NetsNJ »

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #18 on: October 01, 2019, 03:59:34 PM
This tool is certainly looking promising.  I had a CnC MT from Wally World that was a performer.  I gave it away but truthfully I had very few complaints.  Long term use will be very interesting  :popcorn:
Esse Quam Videri

Offline mikekoz

Reply #19 on: October 01, 2019, 04:40:10 PM
This tool is certainly looking promising.  I had a CnC MT from Wally World that was a performer.  I gave it away but truthfully I had very few complaints.  Long term use will be very interesting  :popcorn:

This tool is a very big step above any other Ozark Trail multitool Walmart has ever sold that I can recall.  :tu:

us Offline NetsNJ

Reply #20 on: October 01, 2019, 09:54:52 PM
I took the dang thing apart to swap the placement of the SE and PE blades, and (as is all too usual), lost track of where the washers go.

Can anyone with this tool tell me how many washers and where?  Thanks.

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: October 03, 2019, 01:48:02 PM
I took the dang thing apart to swap the placement of the SE and PE blades, and (as is all too usual), lost track of where the washers go.

Can anyone with this tool tell me how many washers and where?  Thanks.

Oh boy...ummm sort of??? Look on my IG and you can see a pic of the washers in order. Will link it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3DHNS6Hdp2/?igshid=1avlvxgrq6cw0

Check second image. I know that the big washer goes between the scale and the blade. The smaller washer goes between the blade and frame.
Also... Check this out:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3IGelXHwNt/?igshid=1y0hv6d3d7uhs

us Offline NetsNJ

Reply #22 on: October 03, 2019, 03:02:08 PM
Awesome, thanks!

us Offline NetsNJ

Reply #23 on: October 03, 2019, 06:39:54 PM
I thought I had an extra washer.  Turns out I am missing a washer!  Who knows where it went.  Oh well.

Happy Gilmore, that one-sided Multiforce is slick! 

Offline mikekoz

Reply #24 on: October 04, 2019, 01:08:31 AM
I thought I had an extra washer.  Turns out I am missing a washer!  Who knows where it went.  Oh well.

Happy Gilmore, that one-sided Multiforce is slick!

I agree! Makes me want to buy a second one and make one for myself! I would put the scissors in place of the file though!!

Offline Geronimoose

• New User
Reply #25 on: October 04, 2019, 03:39:57 PM
I picked one up after seeing Happy Gilmores Instagram post. I’ve used it several times since I got it, and it’s a great everyday tool. I just bought one for my dad. Great for the price point. Leatherman does have better quality steel.

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: October 06, 2019, 03:00:04 AM
   I agree! Makes me want to buy a second one and make one for myself! I would put the scissors in place of the file though!!

Not sure if you can do that but would love to see it. You could probably mod a 91mm Vic scissor. Cheers

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: October 06, 2019, 10:06:47 PM
Picked one up yesterday and other than the cross cut file, no magnet in the bit driver and a poor magnet in the extension it's VERY impressive for $40.00 after tax.
I've already added it to my Wira set to act as a second driver handle.  It will also be as a second set of pliars along side my Swisstool or Spirit.
This is a far better tool at a better price than the Wingman in my estimation.  As much as it PAINS me to say this WalMart got this one right.
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

Offline mikekoz

Reply #28 on: October 06, 2019, 11:23:12 PM
Picked one up yesterday and other than the cross cut file, no magnet in the bit driver and a poor magnet in the extension it's VERY impressive for $40.00 after tax.
I've already added it to my Wira set to act as a second driver handle.  It will also be as a second set of pliars along side my Swisstool or Spirit.
This is a far better tool at a better price than the Wingman in my estimation.  As much as it PAINS me to say this WalMart got this one right.

I agree! One of the best budget multitools out there and it is one that is readily available! The bit driver does not need a magnet since the bits and the extender are held in by a ball bearing on them. I put a small button magnet in mine anyway, and now I can put standard bits in it and do not worry about having them fall out!  :tu:  I bought a second one and am going to try to mod it at some point.  :climber:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62